Friday, January 16, 2009

Introspection or "How Napping Trumps Joblessness"

I was going to write this whole thing about how being unemployed was liberating and Eff "The Man" anyway and I'm glad because now I can focus on my writing ,but it turns out the best thing about unemployment is the napping. So I didn't. 

I am very well-rested if nothing else. 

The thing is, I was truly feeling a little down about it but then the neighbor next door started playing Rap-Metal and then the bodies were hitting the floor and then I was annoyed and that kinda quenched my thirst for self-pity but renewed my interest in exacting righteous vengeance upon those bent on holding me down and then that song came on through the wall that starts off "OOO-WAH-AH-AH-AH" and I just decide things could be a lot worse. I could live next door.

And then I made a delicious sandwich and took another nap*.

Here. You may begin with the bodies hitting the floors now:



Did you listen past the "Ooo-Waa-Ah-Ah-Ah!" part? Why?


* This is totally untrue, I actually spent my afternoon writing resumes and faxing people important documents, and emailing potential somethings about possible opportunities and then I solved a crime and rescued a princess from the goblin fortress and then I had superpowers and I could fly and...Oh no wait...that was the nap. I totally did fax something though. And by "fax something" I mean "Ate some cake".**

**Note to potential employers: All the parts of this post where I am lazy , self-involved, and judgemental are UNTRUE and all the parts where I'm faxing documents and staying positive and other good stuff are TOTALLY TRUE. As for the superpowers, you'll just have to hire me and find out for yourself.

5 comments:

Char said...

I got approved for unemployment today! woot woot - dances around the apartment. I can pay bills....and I froze my ass off taking pictures. Film at 11. I'm the assless one on the right.

Brandy Rose said...

I've always wanted to go see the goblin fortress, did you get pictures? :D

Kurt said...

@ Char: Woo Hoo! I get to apply the week after next. Good that your still taking pictures!

Kurt said...

@Brandy Rose: The Goblins have done little with their fortress in the last 30 years. They still have it decorated in the golds and browns from the 70s. The also have a macrame owl. I couldn't take pics. They would have thought I was mocking them.

Anna Russell said...

Rap metal is amazing when it's Run DMC with Aerosmith, Public Enemy with Anthrax or Rage Against the Machine. All the rest should not happen.

Napping is a very underrated activity.